Children will soon be heading back to school and the lazy days of summer will be over. Getting back into the groove of carpooling, catching the bus, homework, and after school activities can be a bit challenging. It is important to start the day out right and full of energy. A healthy breakfast is the perfect way to start the day and to help fight the back to school blues. Breakfast should be high in fiber, low in sugar, with plenty of fruits and vegetables.
Making breakfast ahead of time is a great way to ease into a new routine. Give these 5 make ahead breakfast ideas a try to make your morning schedule flow with ease. Click on the recipe cards at the bottom of this post for printable versions. Enjoy!
1. Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes
These pancakes are the perfect combination of easy and delicious. With oats and whole wheat flour they are hearty and will keep you full all morning. Use the mix to make pancakes or waffles. Make a whole bunch and freeze them and then pop then in the toaster when you need a quick breakfast.
2. Overnight OatsWith just six ingredients, Overnight Oats is a quick recipe to throw together. Make it the night before and it will be ready to go in the morning. Or it can be made first thing in the morning and on your way out the door you can grab it to go.
3. Freezer Breakfast BurritosOn a day when you have some extra time, make a big batch of burritos to freeze. A few minutes in the microwave and you have a filling breakfast ready to go.
4. Apple Cinnamon Cereal BarsTry out this healthy alternative to store bought cereal bars. Use applesauce and cinnamon like the recipe says or be brave and try another type of fruit spread. These bars will last a couple of weeks in the pantry or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
5. Peanut Butter Banana MuffinsThis muffin recipe is quick and easy without the need for a lot of baking equipment. Put the ingredients in a food processor or blender and a few minutes later you’ll be enjoying delicious muffins. Make a large batch at the beginning of the week as a grab and go option or freeze them to use all throughout the month.
5 thoughts on “Back to School Blues // Make Ahead Breakfast Ideas”
Thank you for these wonderful recipes but it would be helpful if you a
included the nutritional information on each recipe. You folks do a great job of encouraging us to read labels, but need to include that same information on the recipes. That way we can make informed decisions as to what to eat! Would really be helpful on these yummy recipes. Thanks!
Thanks so much for your kind words and suggestions!