Cold weather has set in, and the days are shorter here in Utah. This combination can lead to a more sedentary lifestyle. The term sedentary means a lot of sitting or lying down, with very little exercise. When you are sedentary, your body is affected in several ways:
- You burn less calories, which may lead to weight gain.
- You may lose strength and endurance because don’t use your muscles as much.
- Your immune system may slow down, raising your risk of illness.
- Your risk of developing a chronic disease increases.
- Symptoms of depression and anxiety may increase.
A job that requires you to be sedentary during work hours can make it even more difficult to have an active lifestyle. One way to add some activity to your day is to perform stretches while at work. Check out the stretches below. Bookmark or Pin this post to use as a quick reference.You might take things a step further and try one of the recommendations below for an active workplace. You might be surprised to find that your co-workers are looking for ways to be healthier, too.
With all that moving around, you’ll need something to refuel your body. Try packing Peanut Butter Crumble Muffins in your lunch box.
With whole grains and protein, they’ll fill you up, and might even satisfy your sweet tooth. Enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Don’t Let Work Weigh You Down // Peanut Butter Crumble Muffins”