Bananas are a delicious and nutritious fruit that are loved by people of all ages. Not only are they packed with vitamins and minerals, but they’re also versatile and can be used in a wide variety of dishes.
One of the easiest ways to enjoy bananas is to simply peel and eat them as a healthy snack. But if you’re looking for something a bit more indulgent, there are plenty of delicious banana recipes out there that are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
One such recipe is Banana Split Bread. This tasty treat combines the flavors of a classic banana split sundae with a moist and flavorful quick bread.
Here’s how to make it:
How to Make Banana Split Bread
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries or cherries
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract and mashed bananas.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Fold in the strawberries (or cherries) and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve.
If you want to make it extra special, and banana split-like, add your favorite toppings, such as whipped cream, sliced bananas, and a cherry on top.
Download Banana Split Bread Recipe here:
Bananas are a wonderful ingredient to have on hand, and this Banana Split Bread recipe is just one of the many ways to enjoy them. Whether you’re looking for a healthy snack or a decadent dessert, bananas are sure to please. Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think!
2 thoughts on “Banana Split Bread Recipe: A Delicious and Healthy Twist on a Classic Dessert”