Last Updated on June 23, 2023 by Create Better Health
It is Every Kid Healthy Week, a national celebration that highlights the importance of nutrition, physical activity, and learning.
If your school or community isn’t participating in Every Kid Healthy Week, celebrate at home by promoting emotional wells, healthy food choices, and physical activity.
- Mindful Monday: Talk to your children about social emotional health. What is it? How can each person in your family improve their social emotional health? Are their needs being met?
- Tasty Tuesday: Nutrition and Food Access, talk to your children about making healthy food choices, take a “field trip” to your local grocery store.
- Wellness Wednesday: Make time for physical activity. Talk about how moving your bodies benefits your emotional and physical well-being short term and long term.
- Thoughtful Thursday: Ask your children if they know what self-awareness is. When you are self-aware your are better able to manage your emotions, communicate more clearly, and improve relationships for yourself and others.
- Family Friday: Whether you’re a family of two or twelve spend some time together. Family meals have proven to be helpful on many fronts. Physical activity as a family is a great way to bond too.
Celebrating is easier than you think! Check out the 101 ideas below for more ideas.