Apply For SNAP

Do you need to apply for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or Food Stamps? Click here and follow the steps to apply.

Create Better Health is known nationally as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP-Ed. Create Better Health (SNAP- Ed) is a federal program housed under the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and operates as a partnership between Utah State University’s Nutrition, Dietetics, and Food Sciences, USU Cooperative Extension Services, and the Utah Department of Workforce Services at the state level. Create Better Health (SNAP-Ed) offers assistance and nutrition education to low-income individuals and their families through SNAP benefits and a variety of classes taught by trained CBH Ambassadors. Create Better Health classes aim to increase each participant’s knowledge of nutrition, cooking, food safety, budgeting, and physical activity while educating participants on the skills they will need to have continual access to safe and nutritious food.


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s