When using dry beans in recipes, you my need to know a few common equivalents and cooking tips:
- One pound of dry beans = 2 cups of dry beans
- One cup of dry beans = 3 cups cooked beans, drained
- One 15 oz. can of beans = 1.75 cups cooked beans, drained
- Refried beans are most commonly made from pinto beans. You can find a recipe by clicking here.
- Bean puree can be used as a fat replacer in many baked goods. Click here to learn more. You’ll also find recipes using bean puree:
- Black Bean Brownies
- Awesome Oatmeal Cookies
- White Bean Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Bread
- Spicy Zucchini Bread
Here a some great recipes using beans. Enjoy!